- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Welcome to Birla School of Management (BSoM)
BSoM under Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar offers a two-year full-time MBA Programme. This programme has the advantage of using a rich knowledge capital, developed by the BIMTECH, G.Noida over the last 30 years. The MBA Programme aims at training the high calibre professionals who devote themselves to effective management of an organization by achieving excellence with values. The main goal of the MBA programme is to provide a learning environment for students to become leaders and entrepreneurs in a competitive business environment. The programme enables the participants to understand current business challenges and prepares them with the aid of updated technologies and advanced pedagogy to successfully face global business demands.
Admission into the programme is screened based on qualifying any one of these competitive examinations i.e. CAT / XAT / MAT / CMAT / GMAT / Entrance Examination conducted by BGU. Thereafter, the Written Essays and Personal Interview process is conducted with the support of senior corporate managers to select students for the programme. The Management School of BGU was established to meet the corporate and entrepreneurial needs of our country.
The MBA programme is conducted in close association with the industry. We take inputs from the experts from the industry for designing the course curriculum and providing opportunities for short term projects, summer internship and final placement. The rigorous regime inculcates in the participants the ability to work under pressure, multi-tasking besides giving them a strong academic base. Wading through classes, guest lectures, presentations and assignments, students also learn time management, which is an essential requirement for being a successful manager.
The MBA programme is divided into six trimesters. Students are given options to specialize in any two areas of Marketing, Finance, HR or Operations from the third trimester. Students are also exposed to the corporate world through industry-academia interface, special guest lectures, workshops, summer internship and short term projects, all of which are a part of the course design and has to be compulsorily taken up by the students. Live projects and industrial visits, jointly guided by the industry managers and faculty, helping in develop students ‘ understanding of modern business processes and practices. A two-month summer internship assignment in a company is mandatory between the first and second year. In addition, students complete 2 -3 short term projects as well.
- BET (BGU Entrance Test)
Minimum Eligibility for BET (BGU Entrance Test)
- The candidate should have a good academic record with a minimum of 50% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in his/her Graduation (10+2+3 system) from a recognized university. Candidates appearing for their final year graduation examination are also eligible to apply, however, they must submit their mark sheet immediately on the receipt of the same.
- A student who has not appeared for the CAT/XAT/CMAT examination may also apply.
Steps to Apply for BET
- Student needs to visit:https://forms.bgu.ac.in/to apply Birla Global University MBA.
- Student will get a call from BGU admission office once the MBA application gets successfully submitted
- Student will be shared with a link to appear for BET along with a user id and password.
- Student will log in with his/her user id and password to complete the test.
- Student qualifying BET will be informed about his / her result.
- Background of Birla School of Management
Prior to the establishment of BGU, Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH), Bhubaneswar was set up in the year 2013 by Birla Academy of Art & Culture as an off-shoot of its 29-year-old top ranking B-School BIMTECH, Greater Noida to meet the need of an institute of international repute to create a global learning environment in the eastern part of India. Within four years of its existence, BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar has made its presence felt and has earned a name for its value-driven quality education, successful placement of students and for creating an eco-friendly, highly disciplined and state-of-the-art campus. Now, it has become part of the Birla Global University rechristened as Birla School of Management.
- About The Program
Master of Business Administration under School of Management of Birla Global University offers two years full-time residential programme. The programme is designed in line with the best management programme of different Universities/Institutions of the Country. This programme has the advantage of using a rich knowledge capital, developed by our Mentor, BIMTECH Greater Noida over the last 28 years.
The MBA programme is divided into four semesters and specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and Operations is offered from the second semester. Students are also exposed to the corporate world through industry-academia interface, special guest lectures, workshops, summer internship, and short-term projects, all of which are a part of the course design and have to be compulsorily taken up by the students. Live projects and industrial visits, jointly guided by the industry managers and faculty; develop students ‘ understanding of modern business processes and practices. A two-month summer internship (SIP) assignment with corporates is mandatory between the first and second year. In addition, students are also required to complete 2 -3 short-term projects.
The objective of the programme is to train high-calibre professionals who devote themselves to the effective management of an organization by achieving excellence with values. The main goal of the MBA programme is to provide a learning environment for students to become leaders and entrepreneurs in the face of global competition. The programme enables the participants to understand current business challenges and prepares them with the aid of updated technologies and advanced pedagogy to successfully face global business demands.
- Programme Objectives
- To enhance the knowledge and skills of the students in diﬀerent functional areas of management to work eﬀectively in business & social organization.
- To develop a positive attitude, interpersonal and leadership skills of the students through co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- To encourage students for innovative & entrepreneurial ventures.
- To promote research-oriented project work among students.
- To build a strong foundation for developing a value-based understanding to handle corporate social responsibilities aﬀecting all stakeholders.
The courses offered in this programme are meticulously drafted and are subsequently reviewed and revised at regular intervals by the industry and academia experts imbibing it with valuable inputs for learning contemporary management styles.
- Special Features of The Programme
- Industry Employability Enhancement Programmes (IEEP) through special modules
- Teaching-Learning environment with modern audio-visual facilities
- Regular Interaction with stalwarts from Industry and Academia from both India and abroad
- Opportunity for International Student Exchange Programme with partner Universities/Institutes
- Opportunity for on-the-job training through Industry Internship Programmes (IIPs) and Short Term Live Projects (STLPs)
- Activity-Based Self Learning (ASL) Programmes
- Add-on opportunity to learn through compulsory Foreign Language Module
- Support for Industry Internship and Placements
- Involvement in Entrepreneurship Activities with support of the Centre for Innovation and Business Incubation (CIBI)
- Soft Skill Training Programme
- Six Sigma Certification Course
- Capstone Certification Course
- Certification Programme on Business Analytics, Business Intelligence & Data Mining
- Certification Programme on Business Analysis by IIBA, Canada
- Personality Assessment/Personal Positive Impact by British Council and Oyster Life Projects, etc.
- Why Birla School Of Management?
High Standards That Get Results
At BGU, one can be sure of the highest standard of teaching. The lessons taught here are dynamic, enjoyable, and result-focused. The faculty members of BGU, many of whom have wide experience in academics and industry, are consistently admired for their outstanding quality by current and former students.
Personalized Support and Skill Development
A student gets personal attention throughout their stay at the university. A continuous and comprehensive evaluation of students is done through Quizzes, Graded Assignments, Case Studies, Presentations, and Mid Term tests etc., to ensure that learning takes place in a stimulating environment.
Dynamic Learning Environment
At BGU, a student experiences ” learning in the lap of nature “. The faculty endeavours to constantly update the learning pedagogy to be in line with today’s changing environment. BGU students succeed in all the facets of life due to the perfect blend of dynamic learning environment, combining the latest technology with modern teaching methods, experiential learning, and self-management.
Superior Living Experience
BGU Bhubaneswar has a world-class infrastructure that can be believed only after seeing it. The learning, living, and other facilities are truly beyond expectations. The campus environment meets all the requirements of a world-class B-School. It has adequate on-campus facilities for all students and provides an ultra-modern living environment. Rooms in hostels can be used on a twin or triple sharing basis. The hostels are designed to provide a proper mix of privacy and a unique social experience. The campus is also equipped with a medical centre along with an ambulance facility.
The residential campus is a blend of traditional Odia architecture with modern amenities and resources. The campus is spread across 30 acres with nine blocks of buildings. The main administrative block, flanked on both sides by two academic buildings each with walls of yellow stone cladding, is inspired by the ancient Odia style of architecture. More than 50 % of the area is kept green on the campus with the philosophy of learning in the lap of nature. BGU Bhubaneswar has taken all care to provide world-class facilities on the campus such as the following:
- Classroom fully equipped with multimedia facilities
- State-of-the-art Library with access to world-class online databases
- Library facilities access through Android mobile/Tab
- Fully air-conditioned hostels (separate for boys and girls)
- Fully Wi-Fi campus
- Health centre and round the clock medical facilities
- Multi-gym facilities
- Transportation facilities
- Cafeteria – B’cafe’
- ATM facility
- Tuck shop
- Mechanized laundry
- 24 Hours Security service – separate for boys and girls
- Fully protected campus
The objective of the programme is to train high-calibre professionals who devote themselves to the effective management of an organization by achieving excellence with values. The main goal of the MBA programme is to provide a learning environment for students to become leaders and entrepreneurs in the face of global competition. The programme enables the participants to understand current business challenges and prepares them with the aid of updated technologies and advanced pedagogy to face business challenges.