- Bachelor of Business Administration
Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar offers a 3-year, full-time BBA Programme. The programme provides rigorous training in Business Management encompassing areas such as General Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Finance. The emphasis is on contemporary issues affecting business and problem solving such as management of change within an increasingly dynamic environment and the development of business skills across organizations and sectors.
- Course Curriculum
(2020-23 Admission Batch)
UNDER CBCS PATTERN
COURSE CODE COURSE TITLE FULLMARKS TYPE OF COURSE CREDIT SEMESTER I BBAH-1.1 Effective Communication Skills 50 AEC-I 3 BBAH-1.2 Quantitative Methods 100 GEC –I 6 BBAH-1.3 Financial Accounting 100 CC-I 6 BBAH-1.4 Principles of Management 100 CC-II 6 BBAH-1.5 Management Information System 100 GEC -II 6 BBAH-1.6 Personality Development for Corporate Readiness–I 0 SEC-I 0 450 27 SEMESTER II BBAH-2.1 Communication for Business 50 SEC-II 3 BBAH-2.2 Organizational Behavior 100 CC-III 6 BBAH-2.3 Managerial Economics 100 CC-IV 6 BBAH-2.4 Principles of Management 100 CC-V 6 BBAH-2.5 Environmental Studies 50 AEC-II 3 BBAH-2.6 Personality Development for Corporate Readiness-II 50 SEC-III 3 (Including BBAH-1.6) 450 27 SEMESTER III BBAH-3.1 Consumer Behaviour 100 CC-VI 6 BBAH-3.2 Human Resource Management 100 CC-VII 6 BBAH-3.3 Research Methodology 100 CC-VIII 6 BBAH-3.4 Legal Aspects of Business 100 CC-IX 6 BBAH-3.5 Cost & Management Accounting 100 GEC -III 6 500 30 SEMESTER IV BBAH-4.1 Financial Management 100 CC-X 6 BBAH-4.2 Macro Economics 100 GEC -IV 6 BBAH-4.3 Introduction to Business Analytics 100 CC-XI 6 BBAH-4.4 Production Operation Management 100 CC-XII 6 BBAH-4.5 Entrepreneurship (Foundation) 50 SEC-IV 3 450 27 SEMESTER V BBAH-5.1 Strategic Management 100 CC-XIII 6 BBAH-5.2 ELECTIVE-I 100 DSE-I 6 BBAH-5.3 ELECTIVE-II 100 DSE-II 6 BBAH-5.4 Summer Project 100 CC-IV 6 400 24 SEMESTER VI BBAH-6.1 Responsible Business 50 AEC-III 3 BBAH-6.2 ELECTIVE-III 100 DSE-III 6 BBAH-6.3 ELECTIVE-IV 100 DSE-IV 6 250 15 Total 2500 150
The Bachelor of Business Administration, under CBCS, is a three-year full-time professional degree programme, having six semesters. After successful completion of the six semesters, a BBA (Hons.) degree will be awarded to qualified students with a specialization in Finance/Marketing/Human Resource Management/Operations Research.
Duration:The duration of the programme is 3 years with 6 semesters. The odd semester is from July to December (i.e. 1st, 3rd, 5th semester) and the even semester is from January to June (i.e. 2nd, 4th, 6th semester). The examination will be held tentatively in the month of December and May for odd and even semesters respectively.
Span Period:No student will be admitted as a candidate for the examination after the lapse of six years from the date of admission to the first semester of the BBA(Hons.) programme
Semester wise no. of Papers and Credits
Semester No. of Papers Credit SEM-I 5 24 SEM-II 5 26 SEM-III 5 26 SEM-IV 5 28 SEM-V 5 28 SEM-VI 5 26 TOTAL 30 158
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:The candidate should have passed +2 Examination of CBSE/ ICSE or any State Board or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. The selection would be based on the career and written test with equal weightage.
Attendance:A student has to secure a minimum of 75% of attendance in each paper of a semester to be permitted to sit for the semester examination. In case a candidate is unable to acquire the stipulated attendance at the end of any semester, he/she shall not be allowed to appear in the end semester examination of that semester.
- Non-practical subjects of 100 marks with 6 credits– 50 lecture classes and 10 tutorial classes
- Non-practical subjects of 100 marks with 4 credits– 30 lecture classes and 10 tutorial classes
- Non-practical subjects of 50 marks with 2 credits– 20 lecture classes
- The practical subject of 100 markswith 6 credits 40 lecture classes and 20 practical classes.
- Practical subjects of 100 markswith 4 credits 25 lecture classes 15 tutorial classes.
- practical subjects of 50 markswith 2 credits 10 lecture classes and 10 practical classes.
Scheme of Examination:
- Paper setting norms:Paper setting norms may be incorporated in the policy rules and details will be separately mentioned in ‘Examination and Evaluation Policy ‘
- Class Tests/Quizzes/Presentation:There shall be class tests/ quizzes/ presentation etc. for each paper carrying a maximum of 10 marks and 5 marks for 100 and 50 marks paper respectively.
- Mid Semester Examination:The duration of the examination will be of one hour and the maximum marks will be 20 for a 100 marks paper and 10 for a 50 marks paper. The concerned faculty member should ensure that the coverage before the mid-term examination is a minimum first and the second unit of the paper and the questions will be set from the covered units. The questions will be set in such a manner that to answer them knowledge of both the units will be required. If a candidate fails to appear or failed in the mid-term examination, with the permission of the concerned course teacher he/she can appear at the compensatory mid-term examination before the end semester examination. This would be held only once.
- End Semester Examination:The end semester examination will be held on consecutive days. There will be one sitting per day. The duration of the examination will be 3 hours for a 70 marks and 2 hours for a 35 marks question paper.
- A paper having no practical shall consist of three components as
(i) Mid-Semester Exam. 20%
(ii) End-Semester Exam. 70%
(iii) Continuous evaluation in term of class tests, quizzes, case study and class participation etc. 10%
NB– However, if the concerned teacher of a paper wants that he/she can exercise his/her discretion about the conduct of mid-semester examination and evaluation.
The papers having practical examinations shall consist of three components as :
- Mid-Semester Exam.(Theory) 20 %
- End-Semester exam. (Theory) 50 %
- Practical Exam. 30 %
- Odd semester examination (1st, 3rd, 5th ) shall be conducted in December and Even semester (2nd, 4th, 6th ) shall be conducted the month of May.
- The dates of examination shall be reflected in the Academic calendar.
- A candidate has to secure at least 5-grade points both in theory and practical separately to pass the paper and 6 CGPA in aggregate to pass the examination.
- Award of Distinction:Students securing 6 CGPA in the first attempt shall be awarded BBA (Hons.) with Distinction. The distinction will not be awarded to candidates with back papers.
- Conduct of Examination:English shall be the medium of instruction and examination.
- Back/Repeat:A student who secures less than 5-grade points in an individual paper in an odd-even semester may appear the said paper in the following odd/even semester subject to a maximum of two times with the span period of the course. However, if a candidate fails in the aggregate, he – she may appear in any paper of that semester to improve the aggregate subject to a maximum of two times within the span period.
Evaluation System:The semester system of examination will have an internal system of valuation with a Board for Conducting Examiners to pass the result.
Publication of Results:The result will be published within one month from the date of the last examination held.
Grading System:Grade Mark Secured from 10 Points
Performance Letter Grade Range of Marks Grade Point Outstanding ‘ O ‘ 90 – =< 100 10 Excellent ‘ A+ ‘ 80 – < 90 9 Very Good ‘ A ‘ 70 – < 80 8 Good ‘ B+ ‘ 60 – < 70 7 Above Average ‘ B ‘ 50 – < 60 6 Average & Pass ‘ C ‘ 40 – < 50 5 Failed ‘ F ‘ Below 40 0 Absent ‘ Ab ‘ – 0
N.B.A Candidate has to secure 5-grade points to pass in each of the Papers A transitory letter grade I (carrying points 2) shall be introduced for cases where the results are incomplete. This grade shall automatically be converted into an appropriate grade(s) as and when the results are complete. A student’s level of competence shall be categorized by a GRADE POINT AVERAGE to be specified as:
SGPA– Semester Grade Point Average
CGPA– Cumulative Grade Point Average
(a) POINT– Integer equivalent of each letter grade
(b) CREDIT– Integer signifying the relative emphasis of individual course item(s) in a semester as indicated by the Course structure and syllabus. In addition to the points, the actual mark secured shall also be reflected in the Grade Sheet / Transcript.
After successful completion of the six-semester examination, students will be awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Hons.) with specialization in Finance/Marketing/ Human Resource Management / Operation Research.
(However, in case of Distinction, a student has to secure 50% of marks in six semesters in one / first chance)
The regulation is subject to modification as and when necessary. The Syllabus shall remain valid from the 2016-17 Admission Batch.
Credit Transfer:There shall be a committee consisting of 3 experts from among the faculty of Schools to take appropriate decisions on credit transfer in case of an equivalent course.
Unfair means in Examination:Any unfair means adopted by any examinee in any examination conducted by the University shall be punishable as per rules of the University.
Common Grace Mark Rule:This rule shall be made applicable in the case of those candidates who after receiving such grace clear the end-term examination. However, the maximum grace mark is restricted to 2% of the total marks of the semester examination, provided further that the grace mark in any paper shall not exceed 10% of the maximum marks in that subject.
- Minimum Eligibility & Selection Criteria
Students should have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. Candidates appearing in final examinations can also apply.
Students will be admitted to the programme based on merit (Percentage of marks secured in 10th and 10+2/12th Board Examination). The student may also be called for a Personal Interview if so desired by the university.
- Admission Procedure
The downloaded application form, duly filled in with the required enclosures, should be submitted to the Admission Office, Birla Global University, IDCO PLOT NO -2, Gothapatana, Bhubaneswar 751003, Odisha. Applicants may submit the application form and required documents at the Admission Office personally or by post. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application form is complete in all respects, and is accompanied by the required documents. After filling in the required particulars the applicants should attach copies of the following:
- Certificates along with Mark Sheets of the qualifying Examinations
- College Leaving Certificate last attended
- Conduct Certificate
- University Registration Number
- 3 passport size and 2 stamp size photographs
Final Year students awaiting the declaration of results can apply to appear Admission Test and can also be considered for Admission. However, they have to submit the relevant supportive documents from their respective institutes at the time of admission.
- Fee Structure
Academic Fees for BBA (Hons.)
Course Fee per Semester (INR) No. of Semesters Total Course fee (INR)* BBA (Hons.) 75,000 6 4,50,000
- In addition to this fee, students have to pay the security deposit (10,000 INR) and Medical insurance (3000 INR PA).
- Students having higher percentage throughout career will be eligible for scholarship
- Students are required to maintain consistency in percentage to avail scholarship.
Lodging & Boarding expenses (Subject to revision every year)
Double Occupancy (In Campus)
Installments 1stInstallment 2ndInstallment 3rdInstallment 4thInstallment 5thInstallment 6thInstallment Due Date 15thJune 2022 15thDec 2022 15thJune 2023 15thDec 2023 15thJune 2024 15thDec 2024 Lodging (A/C Accommodation) Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Boarding Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Laundry Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Total Charges Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00
Triple Occupancy (In Campus)
Installments 1stInstallment 2ndInstallment 3rdInstallment 4thInstallment 5thInstallment 6thInstallment Due Date 15thJune 2022 15thDec 2022 15thJune 2023 15thDec 2023 15thJune 2024 15thDec 2024 Lodging (A/C Accommodation) Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Boarding Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Laundry Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Total Charges Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00
- * Two separate Demand Drafts should be made for Lodging & Mess charges respectively as per any one of the options given in the above table.
- Student should preserve this schedule for timely payment of fees to avoid penalty for late fee deposition.
- No notice or reminder will be sent to student or his/her parents.
- No separate letter will be issued for Bank Education Loan.
- Demand Draft should be made in the name of “BIRLA GLOBAL UNIVERSITY” Payable at Bhubaneswar.
NAME OF THE ACCOUNT HOLDER– BIRLA GLOBAL UNIVERSITY
BANK NAME– UCO BANK
ACCOUNT NUMBER– 31090110011430
IFSC CODE– UCBA0003109