BBA Digital Marketing
- BBA Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is an intensively specialized programme, suitably designed to deliver the practical understanding of online marketing and its fit in the broader marketing framework. The programme is thoroughly grounded in the framework of liberal studies to provide insights into human and organisation dynamics. Further, the program aims at providing an excellent grounding in digital aspects of marketing, such as, technology platforms, SEO/SEM and communicating with the customer using new media techniques.
- Program Objectives
- Imbibe the concepts of social media communication and platforms.
- Gain knowledge of cutting edge principles such as social network management, pricing in two-sided markets and crowd-sourcing.
- Acquire competency of using web analytics to set prices, create better ads, make decisions about product distribution, and improve product design.
- Gain know-how of implementing effective and comprehensive digital marketing campaigns.
- Course Curriculum
BBA Digital Marketing
(2020-23 Admission Batch)
Under CBCS Pattern
COURSE CODE COURSE TITLE TYPE OF COURSE CREDIT SEMESTER I BBADM-1.1 Effective Communication Skills AEC-I 3 BBADM-1.2 Quantitative Methods GEC-I 6 BBADM-1.3 Financial Accounting CC-I 6 BBADM-1.4 Principles of Management CC-II 6 BBADM-1.5 Management Information Systems GEC-II 6 BBADM-1.6 Personality Development for Corporate Readiness -I SEC-I 0 (No-Credit) Total Credit in Semester-I 27 SEMESTER II BBADM-2.1 Communication for Business SEC-II 3 BBADM-2.2 Organizational Behaviour CC-III 6 BBADM-2.3 Managerial Economics CC-IV 6 BBADM-2.4 Principles of Marketing CC-V 6 BBADM-2.5 Environmental Studies AEC-II 3 BBADM-2.6 Personality Development for Corporate Readiness –II SEC-III 3 Total Credit in Semester-II 27 SEMESTER III BBADM-3.1 Consumer Behaviour CC-VI 6 BBADM-3.2 Research Methodology CC-VII 6 BBADM-3.3 Internet of Things CC-VIII 6 BBADM-3.4 Marketing for Digital Economy CC-IX 6 Total Credit in Semester-III 24 SEMESTER IV BBADM-4.1 Financial Management GEC-III 6 BBADM-4.2 Introduction to Business Analytics GEC-IV 6 BBADM-4.3 Sales and & Distribution Management CC-X 6 BBADM-4.4 Integrated Marketing Communication CC-XI 6 BBADM-4.5 Enterprenuership SEC-IV 3 Total Credit in Semester-IV 27 SEMESTER V BBADM-5.1 Strategic Management CC-XII 6 BBADM-5.2 Cyber Law AEC-III 3 BBADM-5.3 Web Design and Development DSE-I 6 BBADM-5.4 Content Marketing DSE-II 6 BBADM-5.5 Summer Project CC-XIII 6 Total Credit in Semester-V 27 SEMESTER VI BBADM-6.1 Social Media Marketing DSE-III 6 BBADM-6.2 Services Marketing DSE-IV 6 BBADM-6.3 SEM & SEO CC-XIV 6 Total Credit in Semester-VI 18 Total Credit 150
The BBA Digital Marketing, under CBCS pattern, is a three-year full-time professional degree programme, having six semesters. After successful completion of the six semesters, a BBA Business Analytics Degree will be awarded to qualified students.
Duration:The duration of the programme is 3 years with 6 semesters. The odd semester is from July to December i.e. 1st, 3rd, 5th semester and the even semester is from January to June i.e. 2nd, 4th, 6th semester. The examination is held tentatively in the month of December and May for odd and even semesters respectively.
Span Period:: No student is admitted as a candidate for the examination after the lapse of six years from the date of admission to the first semester of the programme.
Semester wise no. of Papers and Credits
Semester No. of Papers Credit SEM-I 5 24 SEM-II 5 26 SEM-III 5 26 SEM-IV 5 28 SEM-V 5 28 SEM-VI 5 26 TOTAL 30 158
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:The candidate should have passed +2 Examination of C.H.S.E., Odisha or its equivalent in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. The selection would be based on the career and written test with equal weightage.
Attendance:A student has to secure a minimum of 75% of attendance in each paper of a Semester to be permitted to sit for the Semester examination. In case a candidate is unable to acquire the stipulated attendance at the end of any Semester, he/she shall not be allowed to appear in the end semester examination of that semester.
- Non-practical subjects of 100 marks with 6 credits– 50 lecture classes and 10 tutorial classes
- Non-practical subjects of 100 marks with 4 credits– 30 lecture classes and 10 tutorial classes
- Non-practical subjects of 50 marks with 2 credits– 20 lecture classes
- Practical subject of 100 markswith 6 credits 40 lecture classes and 20 practical classes.
- Practical subjects of 100 markswith 4 credits 25 lecture classes 15 tutorial classes.
- Practical subjects of 50 markswith 2 credits 10 lecture classes and 10 practical classes.
Scheme of Examination:
- Paper setting norms:Paper setting norm, policy rules and details are separately mentioned in ‘ Examination and Evaluation Policy’.
- Class Tests/Quizzes/Presentation:There will be class tests/ quizzes/ presentation or any other test for each paper carrying a maximum of 10 marks and 5 marks for 100 and 50 marks paper respectively.
- Mid Semester Examination:The duration of the examination is of one hour and the maximum marks will be 20 for a 100 marks paper and 10 for a 50 marks paper. The concerned faculty member ensures that the coverage of the first and the second unit of the course is completed before the mid-semester examination and the questions are set from the covered units. The questions are set in such a manner that to answer, a proper understanding of both the units are required on the part of the students. If a student fails to appear or fails in the mid-term examination, he/she can appear compensatory mid-term examination before the end semester examination with the permission of the concerned course teacher This would be held once only.
- End Semester Examination:The end semester examination is held on consecutive days. There is one sitting per day. The duration of the examination will be 3 hours for a 70 marks and 2 hours for a 35 marks paper.
- A paper having no practical shall consist of three components as
(i) Mid-Semester Exam. 20%
(ii) End-Semester Exam. 70%
(iii) Continuous evaluation in term of class tests, quizzes, case study and class participation etc- 10%
NB– However if the concerned teacher of a paper wants he/she can exercise his/her discretion concerning the conduct of mid-semester examination and continues evaluation.
The papers having practical examinations shall consist of three components as :
- Mid-Semester Exam.(Theory) 20 %
- End-Semester exam. (Theory) 50 %
- Practical Exam. 30 %
- Odd semester examination (1st, 3rd, 5th) shall be conducted in the month of December and Even semester (2nd, 4th,6th ) shall be conducted the month of May.
- The dates of the examination are reflected in the Academic Calendar.
- A candidate has to secure at least 5-grade points both in theory and practical separately to pass the paper and 6 CGPA in aggregate to pass the examination.
- Award of Distinction:Students securing 6 CGPA in the first attempt will be awarded BBA Business Analytics with Distinction. A distinction will not be awarded to candidates with back papers.
- Conduct of Examination:English is the medium of instruction and examination.
- Back/Repeat:A candidate who secures less than 5-grade points in an individual paper in an odd-even semester may appear the said paper in the following odd/even semester subject a maximum of two times with the span period of the course. However, if a student fails in the aggregate, he/she may appear in any paper of that semester to improve the aggregate subject to a maximum of two times within the span period.
Evaluation System:The semester system of examination has an internal system of valuation with a Board for Conducting Examiners to pass the result.
Publication of Results:The result is published within one month from the date of the last examination held.
Grading System:Grade Mark secured from 10 points
Performance Letter Grade Range of Marks Grade Point Outstanding ‘ O ‘ 90 – =< 100 10 Excellent ‘ A+ ‘ 80 – < 90 9 Very Good ‘ A ‘ 70 – < 80 8 Good ‘ B+ ‘ 60 – < 70 7 Above Average ‘ B ‘ 50 – < 60 6 Average & Pass ‘ C ‘ 40 – < 50 5 Failed ‘ F ‘ Below 40 0 Absent ‘ Ab ‘ – 0
N.B.A student has to secure 5-grade points to pass each of the papers. A transitory letter grade I (carrying points 2) will be introduced for cases where the results are incomplete. This grade will automatically be converted into an appropriate grade(s) as and when the results are complete. A student’s level of competence will be categorized by a GRADE POINT AVERAGE to be specified as:
SGPA– Semester Grade Point Average
CGPA– Cumulative Grade Point Average
(a) POINT– Integer equivalent of each letter grade
(b) CREDIT– Integer signifying the relative emphasis of individual course item(s) in a semester as indicated by the course structure and syllabus. In addition to the points, the actual mark secured will also be reflected in the Grade Sheet / Transcript.
After successful completion of the six-semester examination students will be awarded Bachelor Degree in Business Administration (Hons.) with specialization in Finance/Marketing/ Human Resource Management/ Operation Research. However, in the case of Distinction, a student has to secure 50% of marks in six semesters in the first chance.
The regulation is subject to modification as and when necessary.
Credit Transfer:There will be a committee consisting of 3 experts from among the faculty of schools to take appropriate decision on credit transfer in case of an equivalent course.
Unfair means in Examination:Any unfair means adopted by any examinee in any examination conducted by the University shall be punishable as per rules of the university.
Common Grace Mark Rule:This rule will be made applicable in the case of those candidates who after receiving such grace clear the end-term examination. However, the maximum grace mark is restricted to 2% of the total marks of the semester examination, provided further that the grace mark in any paper will not exceed 10% of the maximum marks in that subject.
- Admission Procedure
The downloaded application form, duly filled in with the required enclosures, should be submitted to the Admission Office, Birla Global University, IDCO PLOT NO -2, Gothapatana, Bhubaneswar 751003, Odisha. Applicants may submit the application form and required documents at the Admission Office personally or by post. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application form is complete in all respects, and is accompanied by the required documents. After filling in the required particulars, the applicants should attach copies of the following certificates/documents.
- Certificates along with Mark Sheets of the qualifying Examinations
- College Leaving Certificate last attended
- Conduct Certificate
- University Registration Number
- 3 passport size and 2 stamp size photographs
Final Year students awaiting the declaration of results can apply to appear Admission Test and may also be considered for admission. However, they have to submit the relevant supportive documents from their respective institutes at the time of admission.
- Minimum Eligibility & Selection Criteria
The student should have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA to be eligible for the course. The students appearing in final examinations can also apply.
Students will be admitted to the programme based on merit (Percentage of marks secured in 10th and 10+2/12th Board Examination). The student may also be called for a Personal Interview if so desired by the university.
- Fee Structure
Academic Fees for BBA Digital Marketing
Course Fee per Semester (INR) No. of Semesters Total Course fee (INR)* BBA Digital Marketing 80,000 6 4,80,000
- The course fee will apply to students scoring more than 60% throughout their career.
- Students having higher percentage throughout career will be eligible for higher scholarship. (Click here to view scholarship section)
- Students are required to maintain consistency in percentage to continue with the scholarship benefit.
- In addition to this fee, students have to pay a security deposit (15,000 INR) and medical insurance (3000 INR P/A).
Lodging & Boarding expenses (Subject to revision every year)
Double Occupancy (In Campus)
Installments 1stInstallment 2ndInstallment 3rdInstallment 4thInstallment 5thInstallment 6thInstallment Due Date 15thJune 2021 15thDec 2021 15thJune 2022 15thDec 2022 15thJune 2023 15thDec 2023 Lodging (A/C Accommodation) Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Rs. 35,200.00 Boarding Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Laundry Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Total Charges Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00 Rs. 74,200.00
Triple Occupancy (In Campus)
Installments 1stInstallment 2ndInstallment 3rdInstallment 4thInstallment 5thInstallment 6thInstallment Due Date 15thJune 2021 15thDec 2021 15thJune 2022 15thDec 2022 15thJune 2023 15thDec 2023 Lodging (A/C Accommodation) Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Rs. 31,200.00 Boarding Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Rs. 36,000 Laundry Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Rs. 3,000 Total Charges Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00 Rs. 70,200.00
- * Two separate Demand Drafts should be made for Lodging & Mess charges respectively as per any one of the options given in the above table.
- Student should preserve this schedule for timely payment of fees to avoid penalty for late fee deposition.
- No notice or reminder will be sent to student or his/her parents.
- No separate letter will be issued for Bank Education Loan.
- Demand Draft should be made in the name of “BIRLA GLOBAL UNIVERSITY” Payable at Bhubaneswar.
NAME OF THE ACCOUNT HOLDER– BIRLA GLOBAL UNIVERSITY
BANK NAME– UCO BANK
ACCOUNT NUMBER– 31090110011430
IFSC CODE– UCBA0003109
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 10% waiver on course fee Must have secured Minimum 70% in 10thand 12thBoard Examination 20% waiver on course fee Must have secured Minimum 80% in 10thand 12thBoard Examination 25% waiver on course fee Must have secured Minimum 90% in 10thand 12thBoard Examination
- Career Opportunities
- Digital Content Executive, Performance Marketing Executive at online marketing firms
- Independent digital marketing consultants
- Creative Digital Solutions Executive, Digital Media Buying / Planning Trainees in news and media companies